Hale Halawai o Holuloa, also known as Living Stones Church, is a historic oceanfront church near the North end of Holualoa Bay in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. The name means "Meeting house near the long slide" in the Hawaiian Language. It was built in 1855 under the supervision of the Reverend John D. Paris, who was also responsible for the construction of several other churches in Kona.
The structure was made of coral lime and stone, measuring about 30 by 60 feet. The walls are 26″ thick and stand 11 feet tall. It belongs to a class of mid-nineteenth century coral lime and lava stone structures. Back in the day, members of this church often paddled to services and pulled their canoes up at the landing, another well preserved ancient structure in the site.
Apart from place of worship, the building also doubled as a government school house in the 1880s. The area also contains a historically important grave site. The site was added to the state register of historic places on November 26, 1986 and the national register on June 5, 1987.
In the 1990s, Hale Halawai o Holuloa was rescued from near ruin and reconstructed as a modern church. It currently has an active congregation and the site is a popular venue for church and community events.
Hale Halawai o Holuloa is located at 76-6224 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.